Monday, July 21, 2008

I feel sorry for the Jester

The great thing about entertainers is that they can be ignored once the show is over. We can ignore everything else about them, the fact that they can be goobers, the drama. I wonder why so many people care about the least interesting part of them? The singing, the acting, that the whole point of them, so why put the boring part of them under the microscope?

For instance, I have no idea who Christian Bale is, besides an awesome Batman. Its so silly, like the entire court following the poor jester around on his day off, the way people obsess over actors and musicians. Its all such a waste.

The fact is, entertainers have always been a bit crazy, I mean, they play a different person every show, they often sing from the point of view of someone who is nothing like them. But now everybody else has gone off the deep end, caring about the silly things Jesters do on their day off. I blame the consumer.

No comments: