Monday, September 1, 2008

Soul Eater, or, why fantasy doesn't bug me.

Soul Eater is an odd anime about three very powerful kid spirits and their weapons, who are also people. Now, many people assume that a Christian can't enjoy such oddness. Now, if my main problems were not knowing the difference between reality and fantasy, I wouldn't watch these kinds of shows. I can't stand reality TV with spirits and demons, as its fake, but the truth is it won't hurt most people.

The truth is, whats on standard TV these days is worse than ever. The Japanese have a very similar problem, of course, but at least they add weirdness to it. I mean, watching trashy dating shows and contests between people who revel in their malicousness is something I could never do, because petty malicousness is a major problem for me. Japanese Grim Reapers blasting through insanity is way more my style.

No comments: