Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Well, its that day again.

I remember 9/11, I remember thinking that someone would pay for it. Well, they did, we wiped most of Al-Qaeda out. We still don't have Osama, but I question the point. Last video sounded like he'd gone senile anyway. Now, this takes us to Iraq. I know that Saddam didn't do anything related to 9/11, but thats not why we attacked. He had a relationship with al-Qaeda, his forces provided training to Al-Qaeda. But he didn't have the WMDs we thought he did. But he never listened to sanctions and complaints. So all sanctions did was hurt the people, and put money into the pockets of corrupt UN officials.
Revealing the corruption of the UN, and freeing Iraq from Saddam were good enough reasons for me. I just hope we actually help the Iraqis, and not abandon them right when things are getting a little better. I also hope we dont decide to abandon the Afghan people if we abandon the Iraqis. I would hope we can help at least one country be free.

No comments: