Sunday, June 8, 2008

$45 trillion fun

So, um, a report comes out, that says we need 45 trillion to combat global warming. What kind of crap is that? I could make a friggin Iron Man suit, all of Batmans toys, an orbiting space station with a death ray, and most of Africa with that amount. That would probably do the world more good. I mean, I could take out every loser dictator with that.

Now, all joking aside, I know its supposidly over time, and yeah, building tons of nuclear power plants is a good use of money. Well, I guess thats what its calling for, there really is no other way to cut down emissions without crushing the economy. But why not let the market decide? I mean, companies are already trying to build nuclear reactors in Europe and America, as long as oil is this expensive, alternatives will be made. Government needs to butt out. If we just left that amount in the world economy, we would get cool toys and plenty of nuclear, wind, and solar power made for profit.

No comments: